BOY TODDLER EASY CURLY HAIR ROUTINE
I won’t lie, doing my son’s hair has been a bit of a learning curve. Not only does he have a different curl pattern than I do, he doesn’t have the capacity to take care of his hair in between styling. That means he doesn’t wear bonnets at night (I need to get him a satin pillow case) and his hair stays perpetually dry. I have to refresh his hair with water and moisturizer DAILY. Keeping up with your child’s hair is a job in itself, so I like to keep my child’s routine ultra simple and easy.
I know parents are busy, so I don’t want to make this long and drawn out. Here are my tips in bullet points:
- Try not to style natural hair dry–unless it’s straight. It’s painful.
- Use a cup and fill with water to wet your child’s hair OR use a detachable shower head.
- Use tear-free shampoo, if you can.
- Apply conditioner before removing knots and tangles.
- Detangle with your fingers, it’s gentler.
- Distract your child with toys, games, or snacks when styling the hair.
- Apple a leave-in conditioner and layer a jelly on top to get curl definition.
- Keep a spray bottle nearby to keep hair moist.
- Use a swivel chair to make positioning your child’s head easier during styling.
- Be patient and slow down.
SHARE ON PINTEREST
Whether you have kids of not, I think there were some helpful ideas in this video. Feel free to share with your friends that have children of their own. You never know who might need some extra tips.
Check my Youtube natural hairstyles playlist for more tutorials. I’ve also got a youtube tab here on the navigation bar at the top of this page where you can see all of my videos that upload every thursday. Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss any of my content. See ya in your inbox soon!