HIT PLAY FOR PURPLE HAIR RIGHT NOW
A DREAM COME TRUE
I have a secret confession. I’ve wanted to color my hair something wild and untraditional FOR YEARS! I’d always look longingly at other people who colored their hair fun colors, but never dared to do it myself because of the risk of damaging my fine 4c hair.
I’ve had experience with coloring my hair with blonde highlights in the past and I’m always left with a dry detangling nightmare. It wasn’t worth it, so I settled on get the occasional colored wig to live out my fantasy…until today.
Companies have found a way to give a temporary wash-out solution to those of us afraid of permanent color and I couldn’t’ be happier. I picked up this hair paint wax from Amazon by the brand Mofajang and I couldn’t be happier with the final results! Bright purple hair for the WIN!
A FEW QUICK APPLICATION TIPS
Here are some tips for ease of application and longevity.
Start on damp hair
- The liquid helps the product slide on easily and thoroughly.
- You’ll use less product.
- It dries much faster if your hair is damp and not soaking wet.
- Work in small sections.
- Thoroughly coat the hair, but not so much that it feels heavy and weighed down.
- This product is really dry. It was helpful to apply a leave-in conditioner and cream moisturizer.
- Moisturizer helps with the crunchiness. You can apply moisturizer underneath or on top (like I did).
Protect Your Clothes
- Wear gloves, don’t play yourself.
- Wear an old button down or robe. No worries, it washes out easily.
- After it’s dry, limit touching your hair because it will flake off–A LOT.
SHARE ON PINTEREST
If this resonated with you, share it with your friends. Comment below and tell us, which style was your favorite? I personally love how the free-form twistout turned out.
Check my Youtube natural hairstyles playlist for more tutorials. I’ve also got a youtube tab here on the navigation bar at the top of this page where you can see all of my videos that upload every thursday. Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss any of my content. See ya in your inbox soon!