HIT PLAY TO WATCH THIS HOLIDAY HAIR TUTORIAL
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
It’s best to begin with dry, stretched out hair. Styling your hair dry allows for a smoother finished look.
HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK
- Mist hair with water for malleability. This helps create less breakage.
- Part hair in half, horizontally. From ear to ear.
Work with the front half of hair and clip the back half out of the way.
- Begin parting the hair in preparation for ponytails. I used a triangular pattern, but feel free to use any design you like.
- Add a cream moisturizer and gel to the section of hair.
- Secure in a rubberband. Be sure that the pony tail ends up toward the back of the section closest to the original horizonal part. This leaves room for a headband, should you choose to add one.
- Repeat until the front half of hair is covered in ponytails. I ended up with six medium sized sections.
- Two strand twist the loose hair of the ponytails.
Move to the back section of hair.
- Mist hair with water, then follow by layering cream moisturizer and gel.
- Cover section with two strand twists. Make the twists in various sizes or small and uniform. It’s up to you how neat you want the back to look.
Moving back to the front section.
- Flat twist the ponytails together working from the left ear to the right. Or right to left – your choice.
- Secure in place with straight pins or bobby pins.
Return to the back section hair.
- Tuck and pin the twists. This creates a complete protective hairstyle because the ends of the hair are not loose and susceptible to wear and tear.
- Make sure the end of the front flat twist is joined and pinned with the back twists.
- Gel down edges (optional)
- Add a headband or accessory of your choice.
ABOUT MY MAKEUP
If you thought this hairstyle was dope, share it with your friends. If you have a naturlista in your life, share my website or youtube channel. Help your sista out with a hair growth video or one of my tutorials. Sharing is a good thing!
Check my Youtube natural hairstyles playlist for more tutorials. I’ve also got a youtube tab here on the navigation bar at the top of this page where you can see all of my videos that upload every thursday. Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss any of my content. See ya in your inbox soon!