WATCH THIS BEFORE GIVING UP ON YOUR HAIRSTYLE
How do you fix a failed natural hairstyle? Most of us have been there. We’ve spent HOURS on a bantu knot out, braid out, twist out, or a wash ‘n go only to be met with disappointment. A failed hairstyle in the natural hair community is so common. That’s why I’ve perfected how to fix failed hairstyle. I hope you enjoy watching how I’ve transformed this fail into a beautiful special occasion updo.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Wash hair, blow dry, and put in bantu knots.
Okay that was three steps, but this is where the style begins.
- Take down the bantu knots.
- Take 2/3 of your hair and put it up in a high ponytail. Leave the front loose.
- In pieces, roll the ends of the ponytail into itself (under) until you reach the base of the ponytail. Pin in place with straight pins or bobby pins.
- Repeat until you create a neat bun. See photo below.
- On the right and the left side of the front section, create two flat twists per side.
- Wrap the ends of the flat twists around the base of the high bun and pin into place.
- Leaving the middle of the front section loose, take bobby pins and secure the hair to one side. Choose the side that the hair naturally falls in.
Fixing a failed hairstyle is all about working with what your hair wants to do. Try not to fight hair directions too much. Evaluate if your hair will look best up or down, left or right and then create from there. Updos typically work best. Try your best not to get too frustrated (like I did in the video, ha!) Don’t give up!!
ABOUT MY MAKEUP
If this resonated with you, share it with your friends. Comment below and tell us, what you do to fix YOUR failed hairstyles? I love how this turned out, but I won’t be doing bantu knot outs any time soon.
Like what you saw? Check my Youtube natural hairstyles playlist for more tutorials. I’ve also got a youtube tab here on the navigation bar at the top of this page where you can see all of my videos that upload every thursday. Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss any of my content. See ya in your inbox soon!